Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Second interview with Lindsey Stirling

In summer of 2015 our team again had the possibility to interview Lindsey Stirling. Here's my second interview:

Lindsey Stirling GER:
What do you do to avoid or to work off stress during your tour?
Lindsey Stirling:
I try to plan fun activities to do with the crew, film LindseyTime videos, play games, call my mom, sleep :P read scriptures, exercise, and meditate.

LSG:
What does your mind crosses right before the Meet&Greet?
LS:
I actually like to say a special prayer before I go out; I ask for strength. It surprised me when I started doing Meet and Greet events how much it actually takes out of me; I’m pretty wiped out after meeting 50-100 people. I understand that the people coming have sacrificed their time and funds in order to attend the event, so I want to present my very best self and make each person feel important and special, even just for the few minutes we have contact.

LSG:
What was the best gift from a fan which you get till now?
LS:
OOo that’s tough…I’ve received a lot of thoughtful gifts. I always enjoy unique food, and I’ve gotten some t-shirts over the years that I love to wear over and over again. The Czech Republic/Slovakia Fan Group adopted red panda from the zoo in my behalf a couple of years ago; totally made my year!

LSG:
Do you remember a special moment during one of the Meet&Greets?
LS:
I absolutely love getting to meet little kids. They’re just so little and cute and pure and genuine and their honesty makes me laugh.

LSG:
What is your biggest fear (except sharks :-) )?
LS:
Dropping my violin most definitely haha; sigh…no actually I would have to say my biggest fear is my influence…and the fact that I am, in fact, a very imperfect human being. I want to be an example of staying true to myself amidst a world that often attacks old-fashioned honesty, modesty, and morality. And believe me it’s hard! It’s really hard sometimes to uphold my faith and live up to those values in a career that puts so much emphasis on appearance and popularity and entertainment value. I’ve noticed how easy it is for me to rationalize and to allow subtle, often imperceptible changes to chip away at my conscience. And so I’m constantly reminding myself of why I started doing this in the first place and strive to do the simple things like pray, read scriptures, and go to church because it helps keep me grounded and reminds me to look to the man who gave me my gift; the man I’m really working for (God).

LSG:
What does your mind crosses when you are on stage and watching the reveling fans?
LS:
Joy, awe, an overwhelming sense of love and gratitude for those who came to watch me perform, and lots and lots of adrenaline.

LSG:
What do you face first when you enter the stage?
LS:
I always get super nervous before I go on stage, but once I hit front and center the adrenaline kicks in, I find my focus, and then I’m just able to give my all and have fun up there.  There’s honestly nowhere I’d rather be.

LSG:
Do you have any wishes for the Meet&Greets and for the shows in the future?
LS:
More kids in attendance. And one of my dreams is to play for sold-out stadiums.

LSG:
Do you prefer outdoor concerts or concerts in buildings? Why do/don't you prefer one of them?
LS:
I prefer indoor usually because weather isn’t a factor. I’ve performed some outdoor shows where wind, humidity, and heat made things pretty uncomfortable. It also tends to be easier to manage sound/projection/lighting indoors.  However, some of my biggest shows have been outside and I love the energy of the crowds!

LSG:
What are you doing right after a show?
LS:
Whew! Cooling off, drinking water, trying to tone down and relax.

LSG:
Do you already have ideas for your next album?
LS:
Yes ;)

LSG:
Do you like singing?
LS:
I do, although I’m not super confident in my strength as a singer (I’m not trained in that area at all), I do like to exercise my vocal chords from time to time and give my violin fingers a break. I like to push my limits and try new things as an artist/try my hand at new things. Most recently I decided to feature my own voice on my new single “Firefly.”

LSG:
Of course you are very busy and you have many dates. But are you in general a morning person or a night owl?
LS:
Night owl…even off tour I’m always up doing projects.

LSG:
If you have a day off without any dates, when do you get up and when do you go to bed usually?
LS:
Off tour I usually get up before 9 am and go to bed before 12 midnight.

LSG:
Could you imagine to make a music video in a German castle one day?
LS:
If the opportunity presents itself; sure!

LSG:
Did you make your Bachelor's degree or are you going to make it? Which topic does your Bachelor Thesis have?
LS:
I literally just signed up and paid for my Internship this semester haha; been trying to do it for years, but it’s been a little tough do an internship while on tour. BYU wants to add me to their alumni list so they are now working with me so that I can complete my internship in L.A./on the road and I’m grateful. Looking forward to finally graduating!

LSG:
Do you have a favorite flower?
LS:
I love the combination of yellow, orange, and pink flowers in a bouquet. I think it’s pretty and fun/perky.

LSG:
Are there fruits, vegetables and meals you absolutely don't like? It would be great if you would mention two things in each category (fruit/vegetable/meal).
LS:
Papaya is kinda ick, I’m not a huge fan of okra but it’s ok. I used to despise bacon but I actually love it now haha. Meat in general I’m not crazy about, but I like it in small amounts, like in a teriyaki bowl or salad.

LSG:
You like Mexican food. Does that mean you like spicy food?
LS:
I prefer mild spicy, not toooo hot.

LSG:
What is your biggest weakness?
LS:
Will work for ice cream.

Here's a photo from Lindsey Stirling and me (Andreas Janke)


Written by Andreas S. Janke

No comments:

Post a Comment